Adventures among the Mountains
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
An unmissable opportunity to get to know the mountains of Piedmont from all points of view: from the inside, trying the experience of identifying with real miners to discover underground passages and tunnels; from above, flying down steep slopes; on the ground, in search of wild herbs and orienteering and, then, along the rivers, trying your hand at rafting.
This tour is available every year from May to September.
• Late morning arrival in Pinerolo.
• Independent visit of the historic centre and the Basilica of San Maurizio with its nearby belvedere. On request, it is also possible to visit the Historical Cavalry Museum, with one of the richest armament collections in Europe. • To follow, visit of the historic park of Mira- dolo Castle. An audio guide describes the bo- tanical richness of the park and its romantic influences.
• Tasting of the famous Zurigo-Castino Cake in the Castle bistro. Pinerolo is the city of the Cavalry and the Zurigo-Castino Cake, two clo- sely connected traditions. The dessert was born precisely in the shadows of the military riding stables.
• In the afternoon, visit the laboratory of Azienda Agricola Palaset to see the proces- sing of the IGP hazelnuts, visit the Museum “Il Torchio Collezione Civica” and taste the pro- ducts.
• Dinner with guided tasting of the wines of Pinerolo in an elegant restaurant of Cavour. • Overnight accommodation in Agriturismo.
• Breakfast in Agriturismo.
• Transfer by own means to Paola, a hamlet of Prali.
• Guided tour “ScopriMiniera” on board the miners’ train inside a talc mine of rare and high quality, at the Eco museum of the Mines and Valle Germanasca. A jump back in time and into the bowels of the earth to discover the life of the miners.
• Lunch at leisure.
• In the afternoon, appointment with pure emotion, with the Dahu flight zip line in Po- maretto. A flight of 800 m at a maximum speed of 120 km/hr and an altitude of 150 m for a minute of pure adrenaline. You will soar over steep slopes, winding paths and precious wine land.
• Free time to taste and purchase the famous herbal elixir Barathier. A secret recipe which has been handed down from generation to generation since 1902: 7 types of herbs, roots and spices of the Piedmont Alps gathered in the prime of their scents and flavours.
• Apericena in the ciabot of the heroic vi- neyards of Ramìe. Big Bench of Pomaretto among the dry stone walls and vines of the homonymous wine.
• Overnight accommodation.
• Breakfast in accommodation facility and check-out.
• Morning dedicated to a guided tour of some of the iconic places of Waldensian culture, in Val d’Angrogna.
• Lunch at leisure.
• Transfer to Valle Stura by own means.
• River trekking: spectacular walk with nature guide inside the Rio Cant canyon, the river that descends from the hill of Fauniera towards Demonte. Depart on foot from Demonte and, after 2 km, start the adventure of discovering remote corners, with crystalline water pools, large rocky walls and hidden caves.
• Transfer by own means to Valloriate.
• Welcome aperitif and dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation in 3* hotel.
• Breakfast in Hotel.
• Meeting with nature guide and Orientee- ring: the beautiful chestnut woods of Vallo- riate conceal many lanes, abandoned ham- lets, small churches and century-old trees. Orienteering allows to discover all these pla- ces, thanks to a hiking map built ad hoc, to find the lanterns hidden around the territory. • Lunch at leisure.
• In the afternoon, transfer by own means to Gaiola to the Stiera Village rafting centre, for an experience on the river Stura of Demonte. Experience, friendliness, safety, nature and fun are the key words to ensure an unforget- table day abandoning yourself to the pleasu- res of sport, discovery and adventure.
• Dinner at leisure and return.
• Overnight accommodation in hotel.
• Breakfast in hotel and check-out.
• Transfer by own means and depart for an easy trek in Valle Stura.
• Independent trip to one of the most be- autiful mountains of the middle Valle Stura, Alpe of Rittana. You will reach the base of the grassy slopes of the Alp, climbing to the cross before descending to Borgata Paraloup.
• Lunch in refuge.
Price per person from:
€ 563,00 (groups of 4 pax)
The price includes:
• 2 overnight stays in a double room with breakfast in agriturismo in Bricherasio
• 2 overnight stays in a double room with breakfast in 3* hotel with SPA, Valloriate.
• Admission to the Park of Miradolo Castle with audio guide and single portion of Zuri- go- Castino Cake
• Visit to laboratory of hazelnuts IGP and tasting
• Dinner with guided tasting of 3 wines from Pinerolo
• Ticket for Dahu flight zip line
• Guided tour of the talc mine
• Apericena with tasting of Ramìe wine • Guided tour of Waldensian sites in Val d’Angrogna
• River Trekking with guide (including equipment, transport, shower)
• Welcome aperitif in Hotel day 3
• Orienteering accompanied by nature guide
• Downhill rafting with guide
• Lunch in refuge
The price does not include:
• Transfers, tourist tax (if any), extras, per- sonal expenses and anything not listed under The estimate includes
• Admission to the Historical Cavalry Museum • Medical baggage/insurance
• Cancellation insurance
No, on request (with supplement)