From the lowland of the rice fields to the Alps
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
Did you know that rice sommeliers exist and that, like wine, you can also talk about “vertical” tasting of rice? Are you curious? If so, this tour will take you from the chequered sea of rice fields and the Piedmont lowland to the mountains of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympics, which can also be fully enjoyed in summer thanks to the lush nature of these valleys.
• Late morning arrival in Trino.
• Independent nature walk in Bosco del- le Sorti della Partecipanza, one of the last examples of lowland forest of medieval origin still existing in Italy.
• Lunch at leisure.
• In the afternoon, bicycle ride with local gui- de along the ancient Grange, the first farms dedicated to rice in the Po Valley.
• Dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation in 4* hotel in the centre.
• Breakfast in Hotel.
• Transfer by own means to Vercelli for an exclusive Rice Experience: in the presence of an expert Rice Sommelier, you will have the possibility to discover secrets and curiosi- ties, the history and uses of the world’s most consumed cereal, now outstanding culinary product in Italy. Opportunity to try proces- sing your own rice with a mini rice mill of the 1950s.
“Verticale di riso” lunch, with exclusively rice- based dishes.
• Afternoon, independent visit of the histo- ric centre of Vercelli, with Piazza Cavour, the Towers of the City, the Cathedral and the Ab- bey of Sant’Andrea, symbol of the city.
• Return to Trino and dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation.
• Breakfast in Hotel and check-out.
• Guided tour of an artisan rice mill of Vercel- li, to become acquainted with the traditional transformation of rice, with walk among the rice paddies.
• Lunch at leisure.
• Transfer to Piossasco by own means.
• Approach a horse experience at Ranch dei Nostri Sogni, immersed in the greenery of the hills of Piossasco: after a welcome coffee, approach a horse through fieldwork and/or ride in the surrounding woods (depending on the level of preparation) with issue of a final certificate.
• Accommodation in small charming hotel.
• Guided tour of the nearby historic residen- ce Casa Lajolo: a country villa of the mid-18th century that maintains its antique charm. A vegetable garden and an Italian-style garden on three levels. A high yew hedge protects an English-style garden.
• To follow sinoira snack inside the villa and/ or locanda.
• Dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation at the small hotel.
• Breakfast at the small hotel and check-out. • Transfer by own means to the Fort of Fe- nestrelle.
• Guided tour of Forte San Carlo (piazza d’Ar- mi, the church, the officers building). The Fort comprises three fortified complexes joined
by a tunnel that houses the longest covered staircase in Europe, with 4000 steps.
• Possibility to lunch at the Fort or at Usse- aux and taste the local dish: the Calhiette with butter and sage, a delicacy.
• Free time at Usseaux, recognised as one of the most beautiful villages of Italy and cha- racterised by magnificent murales with de- pictions of animals, country life and natural landscapes making the village an open-air museum. You will be fascinated by the cha- racteristic houses in wood and stone, the ancient fountains and washhouses, the 18th century bread oven and the old mill.
• Continue for Pragelato and arrive in Villag- gio Gofree.
• Accommodation in reserved bungalow.
• In the evening, relaxing massage with Alpi- ne herbs at the wellness centre of the village, Le sorgenti del Mendia.
• Dinner at leisure and accommodation in village.
• Breakfast in village and check-out.
• Morning dedicated to a trek or to an e-Bike ride to discover the magnificent surroun- ding mountains from spring to autumn, the flowers, the bellowing deer and the foliage. In winter, rent snow shoes and skis in the land of cross-country skiing, site of the Turin Winter Olympics in 2006.
Rates / Supplements
Price per person from:
€ 660,00 (groups of 2 pax)
The price includes:
• 2 overnight stays in a double room with breakfast in **** Hotel, Trino
• 1 overnight stay in a double room with breakfast in small hotel, Piossasco
• 1 overnight stay in a double room with breakfast in holiday village, Pragelato
• Bicycle ride (or walk) with local guide along the Grange of Vercelli;
• Private rice experience with Sommelier and rice processing experience;
• “verticale di riso” lunch in a characteristic restaurant beverages included;
• Guided tour of the rice mill and walk among the rice paddies;
• Experience in contact with horses
• Guided tour of Casa Lajolo – Historic Residence
• Sinoira snack
• Guided tour of the Fort of Fenestrelle
• Relaxing massage of Alpine herbs.
The price does not include:
Transfers, tourist tax (if any), extras, personal expenses and anything not listed under The estimate includes
E-Bike rental last day
medical baggage insurance
Families, Groups, Individuals
No, on request (with supplement)