5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
The mountains that surround the lakes of Piedmont are crossed by hundreds of paths to follow, suited to all levels of fitness but the closeness to the lakes also allows you always to combine sports activity with a little relaxation in nature, dedicating some time to navigation.
The tour will allow to descend towards Lombardy to continue to experience nature in search of rural churches, abbeys, rice fields and pile (ancient rice storehouses) without ever neglecting the component of flavour, with tastings of local products and gourmet schools.
The tour is available every year from May to November.
• Arrival in Mergozzo by own means.
• Afternoon dedicated to a walk with nature guide to Alpe Vercio.
• Dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation in 3* hotel in the centre of Stresa.
• Breakfast in hotel.
• Full day with nature guide to enjoy pano- ramic trekking on Lake Maggiore. Hundreds of trails to suit all levels of fitness and ability cross the mountains around the lake: based on the client’s preparation, our guides will choose the most suitable and panoramic trails.
• Lunch at leisure.
• Dinner at leisure and overnight accommo- dation.
• Breakfast in Hotel and check-out.
• Relaxing morning on the lake, with rental of private boat, no boat license, with departure from Stresa for half a day.
• Lunch at leisure.
• Departure by own means for Mortara, in Lomellina, land of flavours and rural tradition. • check-in to an agriturismo with open-air breeding of different animal species, by tra- dition there is a strong presence of geese in the area.
• Dinner in an agriturismo nearby where you can enjoy delicious local cuisine. • Overnight accommodation.
• Breakfast in agriturismo and departure for a guided tour of a farm that produces rice and other products. At the end of the visit, tasting of their gastronomic delights.
• Independent visit of the historic centre and abbey of Sant’Albino.
• In the centre, guests will be expected for a tasting session at a historic delicatessen distinguished by the artisanal production of specialities of excellence.
• Lunch at a welcoming agriturismo, with rooms that have been obtained in the old warehouses used for the storage of rice and grain. The guests will enjoy excellent home- made cuisine with typical dishes of the coun- try tradition.
• In the early afternoon, guided tour of a Lombard farmhouse, rice producer, with farm. Visit to the historic farmhouse with particular attention to the rural culture and rice-growing, walk among the rice paddies and along the canals. Guests will have the possibility to admire an area, surrounded by greenery and the tranquillity typical of Lomel- lina, with a small lake and numerous species of animals, including horses.
• Visit to the outside of Valeggio castle.
• At the end, transfer by own means to Lo- mello for another guided tour: Basilica, Bapti- stery and Church of San Michele, with features dating back to pre-Christian pagan culture. The Baptistery is the second most important in Italy after Ravenna.
• Dinner at an agriturismo, located in a far- mhouse dating to 1716. The family who have lived here for generations has handed on stories and traditions bearing witness to life in the farmyard. Through their stories and a small area showcasing vintage items you will be brought back to a world inhabited 300 ye- ars ago.
• Overnight accommodation.
• Breakfast and check-out.
• Transfer by own means and independent visit of Rosasco: inside this small village, in addition to the Gothic church and the Church with round plan containing the Madonna of the seven swords, it is also worth visiting the tower and the peasant’s home.
• Arrival at an agriturismo set inside a real cinema that opened its doors to the public in 1948.
• At the centre of recreational activities of the surrounding villages for many years, first as a cinema and later as a dance hall, it is now home to the collection of vintage film posters and a permanent exhibition of indu- stry-related tools The experience is not only culinary; it also allows to make a jump back in time through the stories of the family on anecdotes from the exhibitions of great arti- sts including Nilla Pizzi, Claudio Villa and Fred Buscaglione.
• Lunch at agriturismo and return.
Price per person from:
€ 635,00 (groups of 4 pax)
The price includes:
• 2 overnight stays in a double room with breakfast in a small 3* hotel in the centre of Stresa
• 2 nights in a double room with breakfast in Agriturismo
• Trekking guide for half a day on day 1
• Trekking guide for the full day on day 2
• Private rental of motorised boat, maximum 5 places
• 2 nights in a double room in agriturismo with breakfast
• 1 dinner in agriturismo (excl. beverages) • 1 dinner in agriturismo (incl. beverages) • Visit and tasting on a farm in Mortara • Tasting in a delicatessen in Mortara
• HD guide for the afternoon visits on the second day
• Visit and tasting or lunch in an agriturismo in Robbio
• 2 dinners in agriturismo
• Visit and tasting on a farm in Mortara • Tasting in a delicatessen in Mortara
• Half• day guided tour day 4
• Lunch in agriturismo in Valle Lomellina.
The price does not include:
• Transfers, tourist tax (if any), extras, per- sonal expenses and anything not listed under The estimate includes
• Medical baggage/insurance
• Cancellation insurance