Pellice Valley, on the Waldensian trails
History, spirituality and nature
The Waldensians are a Christian faith founded by Pietro Valdo in Lyon, France, in the 12th century. They preached the return to poverty of the apostles, the abandonment of politics by the popes of the time and ended up being condemned as heretics and persecuted. Some communities took refuge in the Alpine valleys of Piemonte, where they remained clandestine for 400 years In Val Pellice in Pradeltorno, Angrogna we go to discover a symbolic place of the Waldensian communities in history, a mountain village, perched and sheltered, built at the foot of the “Coulege dei Barba” a place of retreat and training for shepherds who studied the Bible before being sent out into the world to preach and comfort the communities. We then visit Torre Pellice, nerve centre of the Waldensian Church in Italy.
Departures in the morning from Pinerolo and Torre Pellice with the tour leader. Transfer to Pradeltorno, Angrogna (17 km), in Val Pellice, tour of hamlet with 19th cen. Tempio Valdese and 15th cen."Coulege dei Barba". We walk in the woods on the Waldensian trails (6km). Walk to Torre Pellice, main centre of the Italian Waldensian Church. Museum tour and meeting with Waldensian Church representative. Return to the starting point. End of services.
Rates / Supplements
Price per person from:
€ 190,00 (groups of 6 pax)
€ 260,00 (groups of 4 pax)
The price includes:
• Tour leader (speaking Italian, English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese) present during the entire period of the trip
• Transport by minivan (seating 7-9 people) to the locations indicated in the program. The minivan has a combustion engine. For a surcharge, participants may travel “green” with transport in an electric minivan. See the “Any Supplements” section for more information.
• Tickets: Pradeltorno, Angrogna (Tempio Valdese, “Coulege dei Barba”), Torre Pellice (Museo Valdese)
• “Light” lunch at a restaurant, agritourism, farm, with local products.
• Local taxes, VAT
The stages on foot are optional (minivans are available), without particular difficulties, require no specific experience but participants must be in good physical shape. They take place on secondary asphalted roads, dirt roads, easily passable trails.
Meditations and insights
Along the way there will be rest stops featuring meditations, led by Effatà Tour, taken from the writings of pastor Henry Arnaud, research by historians and the thoughts of Waldensian shepherds and authors. The “Glorioso Rimpatrio” (glorious return) becomes a chance to practice a path of spirituality and experience the hike as an interior journey. During the transfers, the Effatà Tour guide introduces and comments on readings of songs, music, audiovisual projections, helping the participants to appreciate artistic, historical, spiritual and cultural aspects of the “Glorioso Rimpatrio” and Waldensian Church, in the past and today.
The price does not include:
• Mandatory individual paperwork management fee: €25. Includes individual cost of handling paperwork and Axa insurance policy for medical expenses. Please contact Effatà Tour to consult the terms and conditions of insurance
• Travel cancellation insurance (optional). It is possible to take out a “Cancellation” insurance which allows you to cancel the trip. Please contact Effatà Tour to request a personalized cancellation insurance quote.
• Tips to drivers, local guides, restaurant / hotel service staff
• Drinks during meals, personal expenses in general
• Supplement for specific dietary needs: to be defined according to the participant's requests
• Tickets and excursions not in the program
• Procedures and fees for the entry visa (for participants from non-EU countries)
• Anything not indicated under “The price includes”
Green travel with eco-sustainable mobility
It is possible to use a reserved minivan with an electric motor during all scheduled transfers (for an extra charge. For 6 participants: €30 per participant. For 4 participants: €50 per participant)
Families, Groups, Individuals
Via Tre Denti 1
+39 0121 353452